Interview with Emilio

Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce you to… the amazing Emilio!  Emilio and his sister Isabella (my cousins) came all the way from Baltimore to spend one awesome week here in California.  I wanted to feature Emilio on my blog because he is a fun, interesting, and hilarious guy.  Here is our interview!

Marco:  I noticed that there were many projects in progress when we visited Monkton last April.  What do you enjoy working on the most?

Emilio:  I really enjoy building with my dad.

Marco:  Why is that?

Emilio:  I like to spend time with my dad, so building is a great way to connect with him.  I built a table last week, and it hooks onto the couch.  That was awesome!  I also helped my dad build a chicken coop.

Marco:  I know you love to read a lot, so if you could be any character in a book, who would you be?

Emilio:  I think I would be Will, the main character in the book the Ranger’s Apprentice.  I’m kind of like him.  I’m small, and rangers tend to be small.  Rangers also use maps to figure out how to plan war strategies, and I love geography and strategizing.

Marco:  Is the Ranger’s Apprentice series your favorite books?

Emilio:  Yes, my favorite books are the Ranger’s Apprentice.

Marco:  You have told me about your amazing trip to England before, so I know you like to travel.  If you could go any place in the world, where would you go?

Emilio:  I would go back to England, specifically London.  I’ve already been there, but I would want to go again because it’s so cool!  I love the food and teatime there.  We’ve only been there for a week and I would want to be there for at least a month.  That would be awesome because there are lots of things to do there.

Marco:  I know you like to cook a lot, so what would be your favorite thing to cook or bake?

Emilio:  My favorite thing to cook is pasta.  I like making Rotelle pasta because it looks cool.  I like to make pasta because it’s easy and tasty.  I like to make many different kinds of pasta, but raviolis and stuffed pasta are my favorites.

Marco:  Your property is so awesome!  I could spend hours with all your animals, in the river, and in your studio.  Could you tell me more about where you live?  What is the best part about where you live?

Emilio:  I live in Monkton, Maryland.  My family lives on a farm with two goats, two dogs, about twenty-five thousand bees, six fish, and twenty chickens.  I think my favorite part about living in Monkton because you don’t really see cars.  Also, I love animals, and it’s easy to have animals there.

Marco:  You already talked about your pets a little, but do you have any funny stories that you can share about them?  What do you like about having the pets you have; so many bees, goats, dogs, chickens, and fish?

Emilio:  We have a funny story about one of our goats, Onyx.  We have two goats, one is Opal (she’s white) and Onyx (she’s black).  We named them after the stones because of their coloring.  They are amazing!  We have a tractor, and once Onyx jumped on the tractor and turned it on.  My dad sometimes leaves the key in the ignition, and when Onyx hit it, the lights turned on and it started moving.  We also have a funny story about our dogs.  Our dogs are pitbulls, and pitbulls have instincts for killing and eating live animals.  They’ve killed about four groundhogs, a muskrat, and some other animals.

Riddles with Emilio!

Weird but True 8

12 thoughts on “Interview with Emilio

1. So cool Marco!! I this interview is really interesting and I love how you added pictures and videos and made it multi-media! Can’t wait to see more of these!

2. Marco,
    A great interview read. Nico & I & Julia just read this after breakfast. Their favorite was the tractor getting turned on by onyx & how many animals the dogs have removed the property…
    We are counting the days until we see you guys!

3. Hi Marco, loved the interview, I think Emilio lives in a really cool place. I like that there are few cars, I could use some peace and quiet, I also loved the weird but true facts, Keep up the good work, Hope to see some more interviews, love Grandma N

4. What a good interviewer. And such an interesting interview subject. I’d like to get to know him!

5. I can’t believe Emilio didn’t mention that his most favorite activity is bouncing on the trampoline! in fact sometimes he bounces so much he forgets how to walk! and then he comes bouncing into the kitchen, crashing into everything and frightening the dogs and it’s quite an ordeal!

he has also become proficient early in his ranger training at blasting tubers on the river with his water cannon.

6. Hi Marco,

Great interview. I learned a lot about Emilio (though I thought I knew him well already!). I really liked how your questions were so specific to what you know of Emilio’s life and recent experiences. I love the multi-media approach. It makes your blog posts so interesting and really helps me to connect with your subject. I miss Emilio’s face — it’s nice to see and hear him. Great job!

ps. why is Uncle Angelo still allowed to drive the tractor?

7. I learned a ton about your cousin. He sounds like and awesome kid. I think Shay would really bond with him. Hope to meet all your cousins at one point.

PS
    Are Isabella and Emilio siblings?

8. Fantastic interview! It was so much fun getting to know Emilio better. He should try to video some of the crazy animal stories – America’s Funniest Videos would love to see a goat driving a tractor!
    xo Aunt D
    p.s. Great riddles too.