If you could be anyplace, where would you be?

If I could be anyplace in the world today, I would be in Maryland with my cousins.  Why?  I would get to celebrate my cousin Emilio’s birthday with him.

PC: Anna

I would hang out in the goat’s pasture with a good book.  Hopefully, they wouldn’t eat my book like they did with Anna’s easter egg hunt map!  Then, I would help out with the chickens.  Hopefully, Pee Wee doesn’t attack me!

PC: Anna
PC: Anna

For dinner tonight, I’d go to Wyndridge Farm in Dallastown, PA.  Their cream soda is amazing!  My cousins and I would play around their giant property overlooking the scenic green hills.

Wyndridge Farm in Dallastown, PA

What about you? Where would you be today, if you could be anyplace in the world?  Please comment your answer below. And Happy Birthday, Emilio!

PC: Kathryn

14 thoughts on “If you could be anyplace, where would you be?

1. well, that’s easy — i’d want to be right here with you guys! Second to that I’d want to be at the beach — after hearing about your vacation, I must confess I’m a bit envious. I think human beings need to feel sand between their toes periodically and look out onto the ocean to the horizon, at least I do. I also like a good game of Miniature Golf. Nice post Marco!

2. Aw! You are such a sweet boy! I was really touched to read your post. We all talk about your visit all the time and wish for your speedy return, We just discovered a very good mini golf place nearby and regret we hadn’t checked it out before and taken you there. We all are wondering when you will come see us again,

We had a scavenger hunt for Emilio’s birthday. I don’t think it was nearly as hard as the Easter egg hunt. And there were not clues chomped on by goats.

Now… as far as your question goes, that is a tough one. I love being at home, but I also love visiting you in California. I also love the beach. But we’ve also really enjoyed other places we’ve gone with you. So maybe my answer is, wherever my family and yours are.

1. That’s great! There really is nothing more special than being with family. We miss you guys so much and hope to see you very soon!

Love,
      Marco

3. Hi Marco,At first I thoughtthat this would be hard to answer but my favorite place is right here in Edgewater and the nearby towns. I have had some wonderful surprises happen here. Most exciting was seeing a snowy owl land on my neighbor’s roof. It was gigantic, At first I thought it was lost but then I quickly looked up snowy owls and found out that it was migrating back to Canada or Alaska. Another fun thing happened when I was Geocaching at a local park. A family of 7 wild turkeys were walking around the parking lot. They really looked funny. I was worried about them because it was close to Thanksgiving. Fun things happen at home. Grandma N

4. Hi Marco. remembered one more surprise that happened last week. On my way home from my evening walk as I reached my garage door I noticed eyes peering at me. I thought it must be a cat but I was wrong it was a young raccoon. He stared at me and I stared back. I thought he was alone but no he had 4 brothers or sisters with him. They were getting ready for their evening hunt for food, They just meandered across the parking lot to the next development as if they owned the world. I’m sure Edgewater is their favorite place to be and my garage is their home. I love surprises and they are right here. love Grandma N

5. Acadia. Maybe someday we will get to go with you. It is one of my favorite places, my green cathedral, and I am trying to see if I can get there at all at the very end of the summer. Uncle Jonathan’s sister and brother and their kids went recently, and we sent them to our favorite lobster pound, Thurston’s. Aunt Lauren has been there, more than once.

I have not seen you and you haven’t seen your horde of other cousins since briefly at Grumpy’s birthday last summer. They are all as conniving as ever. This week Lila is doing wood sculpture, Andrew and Roland are working with the CNC mill (Roland may make a device to indirectly track the eclipse) and Vincent is doing Analog Gaming. I forget what Ant is teaching- I think helping with the programming for the CNC mill. I am being a doctor and trying to show up to get them on time…
    Why is the anti spam word for me “nut derby” I don’t think these words are random. Tell your dad this. He will promise you they are not random.

6. I agree with Aunt Lauren…
    So much to do, so much to see, but in the end I truly agree…
    there’s no place like home with family!!
    Loved reading your post Marco.
    xo Aunt D